06 February 2008

dialogo oído (conversation overheard) viendo a (whilst looking at)Blowup por (by) Lyle Ashton Harris @BIACS, Sevilla, Dic 06



“Hombre, la cosa funciona
Man, the thing works

es como pegan.
its like they glue.

Ella es compleja ¿sabes? piensa demasiado,
She’s complex, you know?, thinks too much,

el vé a las cosas en blanco y negro.
he sees things in black and white.

Y funciona, la cosa.
And it works, the thing.

Estarán juntos para siempre,
They’ll be together, forever,

pero siempre…
but I mean, forever…

Pregunté a mi madre
I did ask my mum

una vez
once

si esta realmente contento con el.
if she’s truly happy with him.

Es que ellos se rompieron,
The thing is the two of them split up

yo que se, para un año,
for, I don’t know, a year,

ella estaba con un tio asi, intelectual, totalmente artista
she got together with this guy, an intellectual, a complete artist

pero al final volvió a mi padre.
but in the end she went back to my dad.

Me dijó que si, se lleno intelectualmente,
She told me, yeah, he filled her up, intellectually

pero nada mas.”
but nothing more.

(image courtesy of the Rhona Hoffman Gallery)

No comments: