27 October 2007

doing your thing


With certain people there is a sense that they are doing what they are supposed to be doing. What they were made for. An apropriateness of being, an easy rapture. And when you share a space with that kind of person it is exhilarating. It is rare. Because society, at least in my experience, is such that it makes it a rare thing. I can count the times I've been near this thing on one hand: Orifice Vulgatron, the main emcee from UK hip hop outfit Foreign Beggarz, who used to go under the name of 'Drop' as dnb mc, freestyling outside a club in Leeds, in 2003 maybe (there's loads of this lot on youtube, I should dig out some old footage from Leeds parties...); in 2006 I worked in Madrid and went to Real Madrid's home matches - Zinedine Zidane, well I hardly need to add to all that's been said about the man's grace when he's running round with a football.

And I think I've come across another ONE, doing what he was made to do: check Mr Johnny Flynn. Stay tuned because I'm going to be interviewing him in couple of weeks.

No comments: